RE Researchers Resources
- The RESG Resources Page: Most of the links should be relevant.
- PhD Comics - A great way to get you through the day.
- XKCD - Another comic strip, dubbed “A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language.”
- Our LinkedIn Group: For PhDs and early researchers.
- The 2009 and 2010 PhD Workshops: Including speakers slides, watch this space for the 2011 event.
- Empirical Research Methods in Requirements Engineering - A well written tutorial on the subject by Steve Easterbrook’s, including a book chapter and slides.
- Principles of Technical Writing - Axel van Lamsweerde’s say on what makes for good technical writing.
- Writing good software engineering research papers - Mary Shaw’s mini-tutorial on writing a good paper
- Requirements Engineering Paper Classification and Evaluation Criteria - Roel Wieringa on the different types of RE papers around.
- REFSQ 2011 Doctoral Symposium - 31st Mar 2011 in Essen, Germany. Submission deadline January 7th, 2011.
- Let us know of any other links through the message board at the bottom of this page…
Early Career Fellowships
- EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellowship - The EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellowship provides up to five years funding for researcher at early stages of their career. The fellowship aims to support outstanding researchers to establish established an independent career of international standing by the end of the fellowship.
- RS Dorothy Hodgkins Fellowship - This fellowship aims to supports excellent scientists and engineers at an early stage of their career, and is designed to help them to progress to a permanent position. Female candidates are particularly encourages to submit.
- RS University Research Fellwoships - The fellowship aims to provide outstanding scientists, who should have the potential to become leaders in their chosen field, with the opportunity to build an independent research career. Those appointed are expected to be strong candidates for permanent posts in universities at the end of their fellowships.
- RS Newton International Fellowships - The Scheme has been established to select the very best early stage post-doctoral researchers from all over the world and enable them to work at UK research institutions for a period of two years.
- Leverhulme Early Career Fellowhsip - Early Career Fellowships aim to provide career development opportunities for those who are at a relatively early stage of their academic careers but with a proven record of research. It is anticipated that a Fellowship will lead to a more permanent academic position.